I couldn't help it ... instead of a starfish stitched with bullion knots I had found buttons to add.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
The Charleston chapter had brought Betsy in to teach us her finishing techniques for this Bristol Sampler bag.
We spent two days learning English paper piecing and many other tips & tricks to successfully complete this set.
It was a great class and I can only recommend anyone that has the opportunity to take a class by Betsy or any other teacher of her caliber.
Sunday, January 22, 2017
Friday, January 6, 2017
Thursday, January 5, 2017
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
I am finally able to post the finished piece. This was sent as a first anniversary present as they sprung the wedding on everyone with only days notice. Even though I had the outside stitched, I did not have enough time to "put in the guts".
Maybe I should start a new wedding sampler just in case another niece or nephew decided spur of the moment to get hitched ...
Monday, December 19, 2016
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Friday, August 12, 2016
Thursday, July 28, 2016
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Monday, July 25, 2016
Monday, July 18, 2016
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Never! I just can't walk past a cute pair. Granted, my favorites are Gingher, but I also have others, just as pretty, maybe not as sharp. I will not make recommendations, everyone has to find the pair they like best or suits the project best, i.e. very slender and super sharp ones to do cut work in drawn thread or Hardanger.
You might just fall in love with the little pink ones and will never need another.
Sunday, February 28, 2016
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Thursday, February 4, 2016
6 of 8 of the hexagon pieces that go into the Quaker Ball are done, working on No. 7 now. After that 12 small squares and I'll be ready to assemble the third and final version of it.
Before I can up the fabric I might go ahead and stitch up a few smalls in the (rather large) gaps ... you know: waste not, want not.
Monday, January 4, 2016
A brand new year, a new opportunity to do better on keeping my stitching blog up to date. Fingers crossed that I won't fall too far behind .... again :-)
Here's the current status of the third Quaker ball. The up side of putting it on a scroll frame is that I don't have to juggle tons of extra fabric while stitching on one segment. The down side: it's not so easy to stitch in my comfy chair so I end up balancing the frame on my arm.
For last year's Christmas ornament exchange(s) I stitched up a bunch of Hardanger Santas. Found the pattern in one of Janice Love's great books.
These two where EGA program pieces I had signed up for a year or two ago.
The bee pin was a gift from my son for Christmas.
Saturday, October 24, 2015
All ready to get the last Quaker Ball stitched. The first one was done on 40 count, the second one on 28 count fabric. This last one will be a 32 count linen, my favorite size fabric.
After finishing Skeleton Crew I stitched Aley's wedding sampler to this point. As soon as I hear from her as to when the wedding is going to be I'll put in "the guts".
Thursday, September 17, 2015
I really am a terrible blogger! Good thing I don't have people hanging on my every word (like some blogs I follow that have hundreds of subscribers and where there is a cool, funny, interesting or otherwise worthwhile entry about every other day).
Yes! I have stitched between February and now. I finished the Victorian Star - started, stitched, finished and got framed Winter Diamonds (companion piece to Quaker Diamonds) - found two finished Terrance Nolan bees that I finally got framed - stitched a flag for my niece who just started USMC boot camp a week ago - AND I just this morning completed this year's Halloween piece. I am sure there were misc. little pieces I did in between. As soon as I figure out what they were (and where they are at now) I will photograph them and add them to the blog.
But, without further ado: here is my latest finish:
Skeleton Crew by Cricket Collection
The fabric is the same as I what I used in Christopher's piece and last year's banner. I barely had enough fabric left - there is about 1.5 inches between the top / bottom stitches and the edges. Again, I used some glow-in-the-dark threads ... the serpent, the foam on the waves and the scull in the pirate flag.
No promises that I will update on a more regular basis .... but, I will try.
Saturday, February 28, 2015
It might look like it, just by the lack of posting here, that I have given up stitching. But, the truth is, I always forget to post pictures and updates.
My first finish of the year was Quaker Ball #2, this one done on 28 count linen - it is SO much bigger than the first one I did last year. (http://stitchingbea.blogspot.com/2014/01/finished-quaker-ball.html). It worked up really fast, mainly because I could stitch this without magnification (besides the green on blue; stitching on dark fabric is the pits ...)